As a Northwest Utility Contractors Association member you have access to the following benefits:
NWUCA Insurance Dividend Program
***Dividend Returned for 6th Straight Year!***
$3,174,232 Paid Back to Program Members!
A truly proprietary, State approved insurance benefit for all active contractor and (select) associate members of the Northwest Utility Contractors Association, allowing for up to 24.9% of annual premium returned.
- General Liability
- Auto Liability
- Inland Marine
- Umbrella *
*Umbrella quotes/coverage available but line is not included in dividend calculation
Highlights of the program include:
- Competitive Rates
- Composite GL Rating available based on Sales or Payroll
- Tailored coverages - NO subsidence exclusion, NO residential exclusion, full 10-year statute of limitations coverage, Ltd. Jobsite Pollution, ltd. Demolition, etc.
Dividend payout based on loss results of the group. - up to 24.9% of premium returned.
- No Joint & Several liability for members
- No Assessments upon the group for less than favorable results.
- Carrier and Sponsor / Administrator Advertising $$ back to the Northwest Utility Contractors Association based on participation
Sponsored and Administered by the Northwest Utility Contractors Association, underwritten by Bitco Insurance Company (AM Best rated A+ IX)
Formerly known as Bituminous Insurance Company
NWUCA HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM
NWUCA offers an insurance exchange that allows all of our employer members (with a CCB License) access to highly competitive, full service insurance products, to meet the health benefits needs of your employees. Partnering with Kaiser Permanente, PacificSource & Samaritan Health Plans; our members have access to unique and comprehensive coverage options that provide statewide networks through HMO and PPO type plans.
The Insurance Exchange offers the following unique benefits:
- Regardless of size, employers with 2 or more employees will receive competitive Large Group Rates
- Large Group plans that don’t require Pediatric Dental coverage
- Dual carrier offerings for groups with 50 or more employees
- Free LifeBalance membership for discounts at thousands of recreational, cultural, travel and wellness
- related businesses
- COBRA administration is included
- Free Section 125 Premium Only Plan documents offered
- Guaranteed Issue Voluntary Products at Group Rates with No Minimum Participation required
- Online Benefit Admin System allows 24/7 Online Eligibility Changes and Review
- HSA, HRA, Full Service
- Contractors Plan for Hour Bank and Retirement
- Prevailing Wage Fringe Management
- Defined Contribution Benefit Administration
Insurance Exchange Carriers & Providers include:
- Kaiser Permanente NW (Health, Dental, Vision, Alternative Care, Rx Insurance
- Samaritan Health Plan (Health, Alternative Care, Vision, Rx Insurance)
- LifeBalance (Wellness Program)
- What If USA (General Agent)
- BSI (Online Eligibility, Premium & COBRA Administration)
- Colonial Life (Voluntary Benefits)
NWUCA SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS PROGRAM
NWUCA is now offering Allstate Benefits, as our provider of voluntary benefits.
Allstate Benefits VS. AFLAC
- Allstate Benefits has lower rates.
- Allstate Benefits has a local team with personalized service.
- Allstate Benefits has surpassed AFLAC nationally, and is now the #1 provider in supplemental voluntary benefits.
Serving both Oregon and Washington from the same location for 25 years, Damian’s local office will partner with your company before, during and after the enrollment process. As fellow business owners they understand the priority to minimize disruption to productivity, and pride themselves on being able to fit the enrollment process to your workflow.
Policies types include:
- Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Term and Universal Group Life
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Dental Coverage
Heavily Discounted Rates to Join the Construction Industry Crime Prevention Program (CICP)
Discounts on Cellular Service and Equipment through Sprint/Nextel Corporation
- 10% Discount Off all Rate Plans.
- Flat Rate Pricing on All Equipment (Usually $50.00 Off)
- 15% of Accessories.
30% Discount on Books & Lab Fees at the
NW College of Construction
- $2000 scholarship and $1500 scholarship for a current high school senior
- $2000 scholarship and $1500 scholarship for a student currently enrolled in college
- $2000 scholarship and $1500 scholarship for students planning to attend/currently attending the NW College of Construction
Access to Resource Materials